Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Christopher Snell <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/30 06:37:50 UTC

Passing a .dockercfg URI to Mesos

[sorry for the dev@ spam...but there was no users@ list]

Hi Devs,

I'm trying to get Aurora working w/ my private Docker registry.  The
problem is that when docker does the image pull, it's not authenticating to
my registry because it doesn't have the .dockercfg in the sandbox with the
login credentials.  From my research, Mesos has a way to accept a URI that
points to the .dockercfg file on the slave's disk, and that file will be
copied into the sandbox.

I just can't figure out how to do this through Aurora.

If someone will tell me, I will gladly submit a documentation PR with
instructions for doing this.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Passing a .dockercfg URI to Mesos

Posted by Steve Niemitz <st...@tellapart.com>.
You actually should be able to add the URI to your .dockercfg to the "
-thermos_executor_resources" flag in the scheduler, this will add it to the
list of resources that get copied into the sandbox when a task launches.