Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Agermose <ja...@agermose.dk> on 2003/07/06 14:00:11 UTC

Re: AW: DBDirectory available for download

I have just downloaded DBDirectory, changed what was needed to make it run
with Firebird and tried using it. I'm sorry to say, writing the index is so
slow as to make it useless. I have not done anything to find the problem -
and I don't think I will find the time for it... :-( Could be the BLOB
handling in the driver? Every 10 addDocument it stalls and
writer.optimize(); is really bad...

And as for changes needed to run this on interbase (I can post the source if
needed) - a column cannot be named "length", int(XX) needs to be changed,
the code for getting the lock reads "insert into XXX set name = ?,
directory_name=?" but needs to be "insert into XXX (name, dir_name) values
(?,?)" of cause.

Jan Agermose

Posted by Anthony Eden <me...@anthonyeden.com>.

Jan Agermose wrote:

>I have just downloaded DBDirectory, changed what was needed to make it run
>with Firebird and tried using it. I'm sorry to say, writing the index is so
>slow as to make it useless. I have not done anything to find the problem -
>and I don't think I will find the time for it... :-( Could be the BLOB
>handling in the driver? Every 10 addDocument it stalls and
>writer.optimize(); is really bad...

If you do find the problem please let me known so I can change it.  I'll
try to hunt it down as well.

>And as for changes needed to run this on interbase (I can post the source if
>needed) - a column cannot be named "length", int(XX) needs to be changed,
>the code for getting the lock reads "insert into XXX set name = ?,
>directory_name=?" but needs to be "insert into XXX (name, dir_name) values
>(?,?)" of cause.

If you can send me a schema for Interbase I will include it in the
distribution.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden