Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/11 17:10:43 UTC

Shared session in multiple context

Dear All,

I install jetspeed in this environment.

I copy jetspeed.war to webapps (every body run this and must run, right!!)

i copy again the jetspeed2.war to webapps (jetspeed2.war is jetspeed.war
also, but different filename)..

I run the tomcat, and gotcha.. i got 2 context..
i can run it well
- http://localhost:8080/jetspeed
- http://localhost:8080/jetspeed2

and i shutdown the tomcat, and goto jetspeed2 directory, remove the xreg
from jetspeed. (this will make the jetspeed2 less portlets than jetspeed.
because i remove it.).

but, if i try to customize at jetspeed2 (using user turbine/turbine).. the
portlet show in jetspeed2 is still full, like in jetspeed.

I did several scenario, including renaming the jetspeed velocity template
(left.vm, home.vm).

I see that jetspeed parameter will be used in jetspeed2, jetspeed will
execute first, and afterthat jetspeed2.

but, usually in jsp programming, context have their own session..

is that right??? i need feedback from you about this?

Frans Thamura
Empowering Open Source Spirit