Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Subscriber <su...@sepo.dk> on 2007/01/31 14:28:53 UTC

Disable servlet runtime

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to disable a servlet within a web
application while it is running. My scenario is, that I would like to
turn on/off different features in my webapplication. These features are
implemented as servlets and therefore be able to turn them on and off
with disabling/enalibng the servlet corresponding to the feature.
Afterwards I will reload the web application within Tomcat. If any of
you have better sugestions, they're more than welcome :-)

regards,
kews

Re: Disable servlet runtime

Posted by Subscriber <su...@sepo.dk>.

Gael Marziou wrote:
> Solution may depend on which criteria you use to determine whether you
> should enable or disable a feature.
> Without knowing more on your requirements, I would use a servlet
> controller and JAAS permissions granted per role or subject in order to
> enable/disable features.

I would like an interface like this:

---------------------
Cake Servlet      [X]
Coffee Servlet    [ ]
Fruit Servlet     [X]

    |OK| |Cancel|
---------------------

Each configuration maps to a servlet. I don't need access control or
grant a specific user access to a feature. If the user deselects the
"Cake Servlet" I want that Servlet to become unavailable.

Any good suggestions?

/kews

Re: Disable servlet runtime

Re: Disable servlet runtime

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You should be able to do this via Servlet Filter.

-Tim