Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Schubert Walther <wa...@siemens.com> on 2003/07/10 11:22:51 UTC

instead of in Xalan output

Dear list,
I need to generate SGML instances for FrameMaker 6 from XML instances.
There is a problem with elements that are empty, but not declared EMPTY in the
SGML DTD:

>From the XSLT script I write elements with their start and end tags which are possibly empty.
When such elements happen to be empty, Xalan produces the <../> notation instead of an explicit end tag.

Is there an easy (no Java programming) way to force Xalan to write an expilicit end tag?

Thanks to all.

Walther