Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2010/06/26 11:08:20 UTC

Inheritance documentation

Trying to finalize our inheritance docs. This will require writing a
page about vertical inheritance [3] and reconciling the inheritance-
related pages [1, 2, 3] to make a single story with consistent
examples. I guess the easiest thing would be to create a new schema
example in OmniGraffle and use it on all pages. Also regarding the
Overview page [1], I guess I'll focus less on general inheritance
discussion (I'd assume Java programmers are familiar with inheritance)
and more on three classic ORM ways to map inheritance hierarchies to a
DB schema and how Cayenne does it.

Andrus

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/inheritance-overview.html
[2] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/modeling-single-table-inheritance.html