Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Robert <ro...@gmx.de> on 2007/03/03 10:38:29 UTC

WG: seed data database field name mapping

Dear,

we are about to import some data in ofbiz regularly from other resources.
(Product/Catalog/Party)

But these xml-files do not match the ofbiz-entity field names. Is there any
chance to import this external data using the existing reader ?
So, is there any way to implement logical mapping for external vs. ofbiz
data structure  without extending the reader?

Thanks
Robert

Re: WG: seed data database field name mapping

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
There are various ways to address this. One is to use an external
tool to map your XML structure to OFBiz entity structures, like XSLT.
Another option is to create a FTL file that does the mapping and then
point to that file in the entity XML file and the import tool will
run the transformation.

-David