Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony Mueller <To...@BristolFarms.com> on 2000/11/14 23:51:41 UTC

Starting Tomcat at bootup.

Hi,

Im running RedHat 6.2 and Tomcat 3.1.
I would like to have Tomcat automatically start up at boot time.
Does anyone have a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Tony Mueller

Re: Starting Tomcat at bootup.

Posted by David Knaack <dk...@rdtech.com>.
From: "Tony Mueller" <To...@BristolFarms.com>
> Im running RedHat 6.2 and Tomcat 3.1.
> I would like to have Tomcat automatically start up at boot time.
> Does anyone have a way to do this?

Depends a little on your installation.  If you just need
to issue a startup.sh command, you can just append the command
to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

DK

Re: Starting Tomcat at bootup.

Posted by Mike La Budde <mi...@irista.com>.
Tony:

If you want full sysv init-style scripts you can put this in /etc/rc.d/init.d:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Startup script for Tomcat
#
# chkconfig: 345 93 06
#

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
   start)
         echo -n "Starting tomcat: "
         /opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh
         echo
         ;;
   stop)
         echo -n "Shutting down tomcat: "
         /opt/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh
         ;;
   restart)
         $0 stop
         $0 start
         ;;
   *)
         echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload|status}"
         exit 1
esac

exit 0

Then add it via:

chkconfig --add tomcat
chkconfig --level tomcat 345 on

This will start tomcat for run levels 3, 4, and 5 and stop tomcat for the
others.

HTH,

Mike