Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashish Srivastava <as...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/09 18:43:12 UTC

Re: how to use my own jar as dependencies

Thanks Tom. Where do I need to create the
library-version.pom file?

If say I have a a.jar file in "lib/" where to put the
following in?

<project>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>GROUIDYOUDEFINE </groupId>
   <artifactId>ARTIFACTIDYOUDEFINE  </artifactId>
   <version>YOUVERSION </version>
</project>

Thanks,
-Ashish

--- Tom Joad <tj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can install your jar in your local repository.
>
> Run command
> mvn -e -X install:install-file -Dfile=(Relative or
> absolute
> path)ServletPortlet .jar -Dversion=YOUVERSION
> -Dartifactid=ARTIFACTIDYOUDEFINE
> -DgroupId=GROUIDYOUDEFINE
> -Dpackaging=jar  -Dgeneratepom=true
> It's install your local repository with maven
> standard tree structrur

GROUIDYOUDEFINE/ARTIFACTIDYOUDEFINE/YOUVERSION/ServletPortlet.jar

Posted by Tom Joad <tj...@gmail.com>.
Hi
To run install:install-file you don't need to create pomfile. Sorry
.Gautham is wright.
you can run directly the command i gave you under your directory.
So you can use the jar as a dependency .

Tom.