Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ralph Bruno <Ra...@visiontext.co.uk> on 2001/04/25 17:32:59 UTC

embedding Arial Unicode MS

Hi Fops,

I'm new to Fop and am having a problem getting Arial Unicode MS to display
properly in my pdf. I managed to create a metrics file, and edited the
userconfig.xml as follows

embed-file="file://C:/WINNT/Fonts/ARIALUNI.TTF">
weight="bold"/>

I'm using an .xsl file, and this seems to be the root of my problem - how
exactly do I specify the font? I've tried Arial, and ArialUnicodeMS  in the
following bit of code

        <fo:block
               color="black"
               font-size="8pt"
               line-height="11pt"
               font-family="Arial">
            <xsl:apply-templates select="*|text()"/>
        </fo:block>

but only get "WARNING: unknown font Arial,normal,normal so defaulted font to
any" in return.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ralph Bruno

Re: embedding Arial Unicode MS

Posted by Petr Andrs <pa...@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>.
You have to use the same name in userconfig.xml and in Your FO document

pa