Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com> on 2018/07/23 15:15:08 UTC

Spam in the Arrow wiki

Hello all,

I have just deactivated the permissions for non-Admins to edit pages in the Arrow wiki due to some spam bots posting. I'm not sure what the correct way forward is but sadly there are always some problems :(

Cheers
Uwe

Re: Spam in the Arrow wiki

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
> @Uwe, how are you seeing the spam? I haven't gotten any notifications about it

I've watched the wiki and get every change in there as a mail. This has normally a delay of ~15min.

Uwe

Re: Spam in the Arrow wiki

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
We can enable specific users to edit pages without making them admins,
I believe. If anyone wants to edit the wiki, please let us know so we
can add you to the permissions list for now.