Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Amandeep Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 11:56:58 UTC

Re::Apache Drill

Hi,

I am using apache drill and I am unable to hit the url :
http://localhost:8047/query.json
(as drill is installed on my localhost).
I want to use the REST service for method query.json to get response in
json form for my sql query.
Please suggest.

Regards,
Amandeep Singh

Re: :Apache Drill

Posted by Hafiz Mujadid <ha...@gmail.com>.
how are u hitting the web service using java code ?

--
Regards: HAFIZ MUJADID

Re: :Apache Drill

Posted by Amandeep Singh <am...@gmail.com>.

Re: :Apache Drill

Posted by Carol McDonald <cm...@maprtech.com>.
Here is an example

# curl  \
  --header "Content-type: application/json" \
  --request POST \
  --data '{
    "queryType" : "SQL",
    "query" : "select * from  dfs.mydata.orderprodview limit 1"
 }' \
  http://192.168.110.133:8047/query.json
[ {
  "order_total" : 13,
  "category" : "Binders and Binder Accessories",
  "prod_id" : 909,
  "name" : "Wilson Jones Ledger-SizePiano-Hinge Binder2Blue",
  "state" : "ca",
  "month" : "June",
  "order_id" : 67212,
  "cust_id" : 10001
}]

Drill provides a Simple REST Interface which you can read more about on the
Drill wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Apache+Drill+Wiki. Here
is the REST API to submit a query and receive results. You can use HTTP
Post to the Drill URL <drill_node_ip_address>:8047/query.json with a JSON
Request body in the query as shown. You will receive the response as a list
of JSON objects :

POST <drill_node_ip_address>:8047/query.json
Request body:
{
 "queryType" : "SQL",
 "query" : "select * from  dfs.mydata.orderprodview limit 5”
}
Response body (list of JSON objects):
[
 {