Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2003/01/23 20:39:14 UTC

RE: Apache + Tomcat + Virtual Host

<VirtualHost 200.131.195.9>
    DocumentRoot /web/admged
    ServerName www.admged.ufu.br
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

I think, assuming /web is your Host's appBase:

<Context path="" docBase="admged" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true" />

If /web isn't your Host's appBase, then:

<Context path="" docBase="/web/admged" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true" />

I always put everything under CATALINA_HOME, so I might have those paths
incorrect.  If they don't work, let us know, of if someone sees something
fishy, please correct me.

John

[again] workers2.properties

Posted by Henning Heil <he...@dl.deutsche-leasing.de>.
Hi there!

mod_jk2 again, I'm getting nuts with this! (is there anybody who masters
this?) Well, I'm really stuck, no way back or forward.

What I basicallay wanna do at the moment is, to use Tomcat just the way
I use the php-module:
whenever a jsp-File is requested, just process the java-part, get all
the rest (images, css, js ...) from the apache - but how can I realize
that? I tested 50 possible combinations but if you're dummy like me
you'll never find the way out, it's horrible.

I think it might be just a few lines, maybe you can help. (I attached
httpd.conf and workers2.properties)

add. info: installed everything on a NT4-Server, c:\playground is the
root dir, apache 2.0.43, tomcat 4.1.18, mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll, it's
reachable over the dns by the internal domain playground.leasing.de

How can I learn to understand what's up instead of copying again and
again? The offical docs seem not enough for me.

Thanks for your help (can anyone? hope so!),

Henning

RE: Apache + Tomcat + Virtual Host

Posted by Sebastião Carlos Santos <sc...@bol.com.br>.
John,
	My great problem is that my application won't be put on the $CATALINA_HOME.
	The / web was an assembly point, as any any other one (for instance / opt, / home, / usr) defined in the moment of the installation.
	The $CATALINA_HOME appears for / usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18, in other words, obviously an assembly point totally different from the / web