Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/21 18:47:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Continuum Data Management 1.2.3.1

Continuum Data Management 1.2.3.1 has been staged:

       http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.2.3.1/staging-repo/

Note that this is *only* continuum-data-management and sub-modules,
not the entire distribution.

This release contains one important fix:

       CONTINUUM-2081 - Database migration tool does not work

The 1.2.x branch website site has been updated and tagged and is
staged here:  http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.2.3.1/docs/

Of particular interest are:
 - the upgrade instructions:
http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.2.3.1/docs/installation/upgrade.html
 - the data management command line app:
http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.2.3.1/staging-repo/org/apache/continuum/data-management-cli/1.2.3.1/data-management-cli-1.2.3.1-app.jar

Once you have reviewed the staged artifacts, please vote on whether to
release them:

[ ] -1 don't release them because...
[ ] +/- 0
[ ] +1 go ahead!

Wendy

Re: [VOTE] Release Continuum Data Management 1.2.3.1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1
--
Olivier

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
Sorry... I was in a hurry and missed something here.  Continuum 1.2.3
was released before we started assigning qualifiers like 'Alpha' or
'Milestone' to numbered releases, so it was retroactively graded GA.
However, this 1.2.3.1 release should have had a quality vote.

The PMC has already voted to release it, so (assuming there are no
objections) instead of calling another vote I'm just going to use my
discretion as release manager and label it Beta quality due to:
 - trouble importing data with installations (CONTINUUM-2100)
 - incorrect docs (CONTINUUM-2078)

For now I'm only going to announce it on the dev list.  If we sort out
CONTINUUM-2100 without changing code, I may engage in some revisionist
history to fix the docs before announcing it on users@.  Otherwise,
there will be a 1.2.3.2 and the new docs will be published with that.

Wendy

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Wendy,

I was able to successfully export a small 1.2.3 dataset using the 1.2.3.1
data-management binaries but had to install the other staged jars in my
local repository before I got it to export. I was also able to import the
exported data to a 1.3.1 database.

Thank,
Deng

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
+1, tested the fix for the CONTINUUM-2081 before releasing 1.3.1 last month

-Deng

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Continuum Data Management 1.2.3.1 has been staged:
>
>       http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.2.3.1/staging-repo/

+1 from me as well.  I was [eventually, after giving it lots more
memory,] able to export the data from vmbuild.a.o which is running
1.2.2.  I was able to export from a much smaller 1.2.2 install and
import into 1.2.3 using this tool as well.

I was not able to import the vmbuild data, but since it's working for
other people and other installations, I'm not going to hold up this
release for it.  I'll try to reproduce it with a smaller data set and
start another thread.

The NPE I was running into is something I've seen before: CONTINUUM-2039 .

Wendy