Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/21 21:56:27 UTC

4.7 CHANGES.txt and editing schema.xml and solrconfig.xml [was: Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.7.0 RC1]

Hi Cassandra,

On Feb 19, 2014, at 12:00 PM, Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to look at what needs to be updated in the ref guide, and I noticed a number of references in changes.txt to the issues for being able to update solrconfig.xml and schema.xml (SOLR-5287, 5446, 5456, maybe others) and then another reference to removing that functionality from 4.x (SOLR-5522). Shouldn't changes.txt for 4.7 be updated to remove the references to something that was basically reverted? Just from looking at that list, I'm confused about if that stuff works or not.

I chatted with Erick Erickson and Stefan Matheis, and they’ve agreed to let me try to sort out the 4.7 CHANGES.txt related to these issues.  I’ll consolidate them, or at least put them next to each other, so that people won’t see “You can edit conf files via the UI” and then two pages later “pulled editing out of 4x”.

I should have this done later today.

Steve

Re: 4.7 CHANGES.txt and editing schema.xml and solrconfig.xml [was: Re: [VOTE] Lucene / Solr 4.7.0 RC1]

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me, thanks Steve :)

-Stefan

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.