Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Philip Puccio <ph...@aexp.com> on 2003/06/23 17:40:50 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/mail/util/MailDateFormat when running samples/attachments from Axis 1.1

Hi,

I get the following error when running EchoAttachment.main from
samples/attachments.

The readme in that directory says I need "mail and activation jars (ie.,
Tomcat's mail.jar and activation.jar)".

So I've tried this with mail.jar and activation.jar from Tomcat 4.1.24 and with
mail.jar from javamail 1.3 and activation.jar from jaf 1.0.2.  Both sets give
the same results.

Why oh why does org.apache.axis.attachments.MimeUtils.writeToMultiPartStream
refer to com/sun/mail/util/MailDateFormat?  The only MailDateFormat I see in
either of the mail jars is in package javax.mail.internet.

Here's the error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/mail/util/MailDateFormat
      at
org.apache.axis.attachments.MimeUtils.writeToMultiPartStream(MimeUtils.java:233)
      at
org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl.writeContentToStream(AttachmentsImpl.java:500)
      at org.apache.axis.Message.writeTo(Message.java:447)
      at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:466)
      at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:122)
      at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
      at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
      at
org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConnectionImpl.call(SOAPConnectionImpl.java:105)
      at
samples.attachments.EchoAttachment.echoUsingSAAJ(EchoAttachment.java:531)
      at samples.attachments.EchoAttachment.main(EchoAttachment.java:362)
Exception in thread "main"

Thanks for any help you can provide,

. . . Phil

American Express made the following
 annotations on 06/23/2003 08:40:54 AM

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank you."