Posted to users@camel.apache.org by benshort <be...@benshort.co.uk> on 2009/02/04 15:58:51 UTC

JMS Transactions

Hi,

I have the following route...

from("jms:rts_messages_email?concurrentConsumers=1")
                        .process(new SendingProcessor())

                        .onException(Exception.class)
                            .handled(true)
                            .maximumRedeliveries(0)
                            .process(new SendFailedProcessor())
                            .to("jms:message_status", "jms:failed_messages")
                            .end()

                        .to("jms:message_status", smtp)
                            .process(new SentProcessor())
                            .to("jms:message_status");

Errors while sending the smtp will be caught and sent to jms:message_status
and jms:failed_messages.

jms:message_status is used to log out the send attempts. jms:failed_messages
is a queue of failed messages that are processed to decide if they should be
retried or not.

Now what I would like to do is make the shown route transactional. So the
message is not removed from jms:rts_messages_email until it has been added
to jms:message_status and jms:failed_messages in the case of an error or
jms:message_status in the case of no error.

I want to do this so that if the application dies while the message is
trying to be sent it will still be in the jms:rts_messages_email jms queue.
and next time the application is started it will be pulled out and retried.

Is this possible?

Ben

Re: JMS Transactions

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/2/4 James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/2/4 benshort <be...@benshort.co.uk>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the following route...
>>
>> from("jms:rts_messages_email?concurrentConsumers=1")
>>                        .process(new SendingProcessor())
>>
>>                        .onException(Exception.class)
>>                            .handled(true)
>>                            .maximumRedeliveries(0)
>>                            .process(new SendFailedProcessor())
>>                            .to("jms:message_status", "jms:failed_messages")
>>                            .end()
>>
>>                        .to("jms:message_status", smtp)
>>                            .process(new SentProcessor())
>>                            .to("jms:message_status");
>>
>> Errors while sending the smtp will be caught and sent to jms:message_status
>> and jms:failed_messages.
>>
>> jms:message_status is used to log out the send attempts. jms:failed_messages
>> is a queue of failed messages that are processed to decide if they should be
>> retried or not.
>>
>> Now what I would like to do is make the shown route transactional. So the
>> message is not removed from jms:rts_messages_email until it has been added
>> to jms:message_status and jms:failed_messages in the case of an error or
>> jms:message_status in the case of no error.
>>
>> I want to do this so that if the application dies while the message is
>> trying to be sent it will still be in the jms:rts_messages_email jms queue.
>> and next time the application is started it will be pulled out and retried.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> Yes - see the "Enabling Transacted Consumption" section here...
> http://camel.apache.org/jms.html
>
> Basically specify transacted=true and provide a transactionManager on
> the component.

Damn hit send to early - examples here btw
http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html
--
James
-------