Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by John Moore <jo...@jmsd.co.uk> on 2006/05/11 18:57:51 UTC

Generate a list of Integers?

I'm just getting into Ibatis and am enjoying using it. I now have what
is probably rather a dumb question. Hitherto I have been using result
maps with my own classes, so Ibatis maps database columns to properties
in my class. I now want to have Ibatis simply return me a list of
Integers. I have a table with an id column, defined as int, and I simply
want a list of those ids. How do I do this? I'm getting a bit confused
with resultMaps and resultClasses.

TIA,

John

John Moore  -  Norwich, UK  -  john@jmsd.co.uk

Re: Generate a list of Integers?

Posted by Ted Schrader <ts...@gmail.com>.
Smashing.

Yeah, usage of queryForList() versus queryForObject() will dictate
whether you get a List or an Integer.  That said,  don't use this
query with queryForObject() because it will blow up since there's more
than one record.

Cheers,

Ted

Posted by John Moore <jo...@jmsd.co.uk>.