Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Pablo Pita <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/26 13:46:11 UTC

DeltaSpike configuration with absolute path of a properties file

Hello,

I would like to use DeltaSpike configuration mechanisms using a properties
file which is not in the classpath. I had no success by implementing
MyPropertyFileConfig and returning the absolute path of the file in the
String getPropertyFileName() method. Is there a simple way to load a
property file that is not in the classpath?

Thanks for any hints,
--
Pablo Pita Leira

Re: DeltaSpike configuration with absolute path of a properties file

Posted by Pablo Pita <pa...@gmail.com>.
The way I have proceeded is by registering my custom ConfigSource
extension.

I have created a custom PropertiesConfigSource which extends DeltaSpike's
BaseConfigSource.
My implementation basically uses PropertyFileUtils.loadProperties(url) to
load the properties file.
The URL parameter is the absolute file path with the "file:" prefix.
Otherwise, my custom implementation is very similar to DeltaSpike's
PropertiesConfigSource.

Posted by Charlie Mordant <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pablo Pita <pa...@gmail.com>.