Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Instituto de Ingenieria Área de Sistemas Unix/Linux <un...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/13 01:05:49 UTC

Problems with false positives

Hello everyone,
Something weird is happenning with my spamassassin, you see. almost all of
the users on my server are on an email notification system, so all of them
receive the same message from the same address, it's ok and i even
withelisted the address, the problem is that even then I'm getting some
false positives, so of the 2000 mails, a significant portion (around 200)
get classified  as spam. Also none of my users has personal rules, so
everything is filtered  by my server.

So why does spamassassin classifies some mails even though  it's exactly the
same message for all the addresses?

thank you very much

Instituto de Ingeniería de la UNAM
Coordinación de Sistemas de Cómputo
Área de Sistemas Unix/Linux

Re: Problems with false positives

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
John D. Hardin wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Instituto de Ingenieria Área de Sistemas Unix/Linux wrote:
>

>> So why does spamassassin classifies some mails even though it's
>> exactly the same message for all the addresses?
>>

> per-user bayes, perhaps?

or
- AWL
- dcc, razor, ..
- dnsbl's

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Instituto de Ingenieria Área de Sistemas Unix/Linux wrote:

> So why does spamassassin classifies some mails even though it's
> exactly the same message for all the addresses?

per-user bayes, perhaps?

Can you post the headers from a message that was scored as spam and
from a message that was scored as ham so that we can compare?

  Taking my gun away because I *might* shoot someone is like cutting
  my tongue out because I *might* yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater.
                                                  -- Peter Venetoklis
 Tomorrow: Thomas Jefferson's 264th Birthday