Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2010/10/25 14:10:40 UTC

Explorer release uses windows line endings

Hi,

Checking Mike's explorer release (thanks for that) I noticed that the
a number of files in the
org.apache.sling.extensions.explorer-1.0.0-source-release.zip archive
use Windows CR/LF line ends.

(for example src/main/resources/libs/sling/explorer/js/explorer.js)

Are we ok with that?

I assume it's because Mike created his release on Windows, and it's no
big deal but we should IMO be aware of it.

-Bertrand

Re: Explorer release uses windows line endings

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Justin Edelson
<ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I'm more bothered by the presence of tabs...

Maybe we should setup checkstyle or something to fight that - I've
been guilty of committing a number of files with tabs myself, as
Eclipse makes it much harder than it should to get the "spaces no
tabs" settings right for all file types.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Felix. Also, AFAIK, this could be fixed in the assembly
descriptor, but that's inherited, so perhaps there's some reason the
default line ending ("keep") is used.

I'm more bothered by the presence of tabs...

Justin

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,