Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Lyles <jf...@adelphia.net> on 2002/04/07 21:46:47 UTC

Apache Mial Config

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to configure
Apache to handle sending mail via smtp

Thanks

Re: Apache Mial Config

Posted by Octavian Rasnita <or...@home.ro>.
Apache is a Web server. SMTP is another server for sending mail.
You may want a CGI script for sending mail.
And you need to have an SMTP mail server.
It can be on your computer or in other places.
I have some CGI scripts for sending mail. If you want one, write me.

Teddy,
My new email address is orasnita@home.ro

Posted by James Harr <ja...@grickle.org>.
Hi,

Apache isn't an mta (Mail Transfer Agent). You want to check out www.postfix.org www.sendmail.org www.exim.org or www.qmail.org. Those should work for you. Apache is mostly a webserver (there are extensions for echo servers and all sorts of stupid stuff), but http is apache's bread & butter.

If you're talking about mail sent from apache (administrative notices, warnings, etc). I don't believe apache (unless you have some special plugin) sends mail.

Later,
jh