Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2020/01/20 16:14:42 UTC

[VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

Hi,

after Ruta v3 is released and UIMA-AS is also moving, I think it's time
that UIMA Ruta also switches to GIT.

I would like to move UIMA Ruta to Git. Let me know with +1 or otherwise
to move UIMA Ruta to a writable GIT repo and switch to using GIT for
source control system.

[ ] +1 OK to move UIMA Ruta from SVN to (writable) GIT for source control

[ ] 0 don't care

[ ] -1 not OK to move UIMA Ruta from SVN to (writable) GIT for source
control because...

Thanks.

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Klügl
R&D Text Mining/Machine Learning

Averbis GmbH
Salzstr. 15
79098 Freiburg
Germany

Fon: +49 761 708 394 0
Fax: +49 761 708 394 10
Email: peter.kluegl@averbis.com
Web: https://averbis.com

Headquarters: Freiburg im Breisgau

Re: [VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
FYI: INFRA issue tracking the migration:

For some reason the moved v3 branches/tags still do not show up on the GitHub mirror...

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Ok, I have started working on this by first moving stuff around in the SVN:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3/trunk -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/branches/trunk-v3

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3/tags/ruta-3.0.0 -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-3.0.0

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3/tags/ruta-3.0.1 -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-3.0.1

The "old" ruta v3 spot does not have a "branches" folder.

For the moment, https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/ruta-v3 remains writable, but I will ask INFRA to make it read-only.

If you feel the need to make any changes to Ruta v3 code, please do it on

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/branches/trunk-v3

You can either re-checkout or SVN switch your local checkout to the new location.

Now, I'll wait for the GitHub mirror to pick up the v3 branches:

  https://github.com/apache/uima-ruta

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The latest on moving to GIT is that you have to do most of this yourself.

See https://infra.apache.org/svn-to-git-migration.html

referenced from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19750  (scroll to
the last comment)

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The move-to-git for uima-as has been "pending" since January 22

So it might take some social engineering to get it to happen.

Also, since Infra is slow to do things, it would be good to change the svn
"layout" to
be what you want it to look like.

For instance, currently there's uima/ruta/trunk, tags, etc. and
uima/uv3/ruta/trunk, tags etc.

You might want to have both the v2 and v3 versions of Ruta in one repo, with one
of them
renamed to "master", and the other to a branch named master-v2...

Cheers. -Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

I am actually waiting for Richard to do that :-)

He already did it for uimaFIT and I was not able to find the time to do
it myself.

Best,

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 OK to move UIMA Ruta from SVN to (writable) GIT for source control

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <sc...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Moving UIMA Ruta to Git Repo

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org>.
[ ] +1 OK to move UIMA Ruta from SVN to (writable) GIT for source control

- Jaroslaw Cwiklik

Posted by Viorel Morari <vi...@averbis.com>.
[X] +1 OK to move UIMA Ruta from SVN to (writable) GIT for source control

-Viorel

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.