Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by wilhelmina fisher <wi...@optusnet.com.au> on 2014/05/26 04:49:59 UTC

problem with office org

Hopefully you can help me with Office Org problem.
When I open open office.org I get a message which says it unexpectedly quit while re-operning windows.   It asks I choose
a)  don’t reopen
b reopen

however no matter which one I press nothing changes.

It will allow me to access existing document and make new ones but won’t send or save as.

I can’t email any document out.

I have tried force quit.   I have closed down the entire computer and nothing changes.

It also won’t accept don’t reopen open order and goes back to Reopen.

How can I get this message to go away and to normally send documents with email.

Wilma.

Re: problem with office org

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Mon, 26 May 2014 02:49:59 -0000, wilhelmina fisher <wi...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> When I open open office.org I get a message which says it unexpectedly quit while re-operning windows.   It asks I choose
> a)  don’t reopen
> b reopen
>
> however no matter which one I press nothing changes.

On recent versions of Mac OS X it might happen, especially after a "Force quit", that the following error message appears: "Restore Windows - The application OpenOffice.org was forced to quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?". If you cannot get rid of it: Option-click the "Go" menu; choose "Library" from the menu to open the folder in the Finder; click on the folder "Saved Application State"; delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState".

this problem has been fixed in the latest version, 4.1.0, which you may download from openoffice.org/download. however, it does not work with mac osx 10.6 and earlier.