Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/10/27 19:47:32 UTC

Merge changes from trunk to 0.23 release

Arun,

Following issues need to be ported from trunk to 0.23.

HADOOP-2298 TestDFSOverAvroRpc fails
Justification: This makes a protocol method name change. Required for
compatibility of 0.23 with future releases.
Risk: low

HDFS-2355  Enable using same configuration file in federation
Justification: This makes configuration for federation simpler
Risk: low

HADOOP-7668 Adds a NetUtil utility to identify if an IP address belongs to
the local host
Justifiction: This is a useful utility needed for HDFS-2355
Risk: low

HDFS-395 Add block deletion acks from datanode to namenode
Justification: This is an important change for robustness and can reduce
block report load
Risk: low

HADOOP-7509 Improve message when Authentication is required
HADOOP-7745 Fix bug related to 7509
Justification: Improves exception message
Risk: low

HDFS-2371 Refactor BlockSender
Justification: Integrating this will help merging to/from trunk to 0.23
Risk: low

Let me know if I can proceed.

Regards,
Suresh

Re: Merge changes from trunk to 0.23 release

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 10/27/2011 10:47 AM, Suresh Srinivas wrote:
> Following issues need to be ported from trunk to 0.23.
>
> HADOOP-2298 TestDFSOverAvroRpc fails
> Justification: This makes a protocol method name change. Required for
> compatibility of 0.23 with future releases.
> Risk: low

Note this requires that HADOOP-7524 and HADOOP-7693 are merged first.

Doug

Re: Merge changes from trunk to 0.23 release

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@yahoo.com>.
After merging the webhdfs patches, I am now well-trained.  Let me do the merging.
Tsz-Wo

You guys make the call, I'm fine following your lead. +1

thanks,
Arun

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.