Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/07/05 20:42:28 UTC

Re: www.jpl.nasa.gov

Agreed. Serious meltdown. I think they said something about 8
million hits yesterday. Would be a learning experience for all of
us to learn a bit more about what they are seeing. I've sent a mail
to 'webmaster' to see if we can establish contact.

I noticed that the mars.sgi.com mirror is running Zeus.

Re: www.jpl.nasa.gov

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Agreed. Serious meltdown. I think they said something about 8
> million hits yesterday. Would be a learning experience for all of
> us to learn a bit more about what they are seeing. I've sent a mail
> to 'webmaster' to see if we can establish contact.

Problem is, a large part of their problem is probably simply not enough
memory.  Apache performs well, but due to not being threaded it has
more overhead in terms of memory used.