Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Mercy <me...@apache.org> on 2018/12/14 02:09:41 UTC

Dubbo Registry Nacos 0.0.2 available now

Hi, community,

I'm glad to announce that dubbo-registry-nacos 0.0.2
<https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-registry-nacos> has been released and is
now available from Maven Central
<http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/alibaba/dubbo-registry-nacos/0.0.1/>.

This release integrates Nacos as a Dubbo registry, If you are not
familiar with Nacos, please refer to Nacos Quick Start
<https://nacos.io/en-us/docs/quick-start.html> for instructions on how
to start a Nacos server.

You could get the source code, samples, and document from
https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-registry-nacos.

Kind Regards,
Mercy Ma
--
GMail: mercyblitz@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
Weibo/Wechat: mercyblitz <https://weibo.com/mercyblitz>

Re: Naming of non-ASF releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> @huxing, I think we should re-organize the ecosystem module release in Dubbo community. @Justin, I also have a question, consider we have so many modules in podling stage, everyone has its own release cycle, Is there a more convenient way to do these releases, especially to push them to a central repository :-)

In general all releases need to be voted on and approved by the PPMC before they can be pushed to a central repo. The binary connivance release needs to reflect what is in a source release so that usually done by voting on a release that contains many of these modules. If they do have different release cycles then that may before more difficult.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Naming of non-ASF releases

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

@huxing, I think we should re-organize the ecosystem module release in Dubbo community. @Justin, I also have a question, consider we have so many modules in podling stage, everyone has its own release cycle, Is there a more convenient way to do these releases, especially to push them to a central repository :-)

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

Posted by Minxuan Zhuang <z8...@gmail.com>.
I'm about to release dubbo 2.6.6, and I've triggered an issue[1] to apply a
new account for dubbo only

1  https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-44993

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Naming of non-ASF releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
>> Taking one at random  [1] I see:
>>
>> 2.6.1 2018-03-15
>> 2.6.2 2018-06-05
>> 2.6.3 2018-08-05
>> 2.6.4 2018-10-08
>> 2.6.5 2018-11-13
>>
>> 2.6.2 was released  2018-06-07, 2.6.3 was 2018-09-11, 2.6.4 was 2018-10-08 and 2.6.5 was 2018-11-23. Why do the dates above in most cases pre-date the actual release date? Now I could be mistaken I but I would expect [1] to show publish dates and those should occur after the release has been voted on.
>
> Regarding 2.6.2, the release vote has been completed on 2018-06-05
> 06:21:24 GMT according to [1], and the maven repo has been updated
> notification has been sent at 2018-06-07[2] (GMT +8), and the official
> website has been updated at the same date.
>
> Regarding 2.6.3, it is due to some tricky issues described here[3].
>
> Regarding 2.6.5, I am not quite sure but I suspect the same reason as 2.6.3.

For the reason that 2.6.5 was released to central repo before vote passed, I doubt the same thing happened to 2.6.3 happened again. Sadly, there’re no logs to inspect the reason, Since it’s less likely to be a problem from the official sonatype team, I tend to believe that it's someone from other projects that has mistakenly released the Dubbo package manually or using an automated script.

This keeps happening, against the Apache release rule, so we should definitely keep an eye on it, I would suggest the following two steps for the next release:
1. Does not push staging jar into the maven central repo before vote passed.
2. Ask the sonatype team for the possibility of applying a new account for 'com.alibaba:dubbo’. One thing I am worrying is if it’s allowed to have more than one account for the same groupId.

Jun

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 6:48 PM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I checked the list, excepted for the dubbo-registry-nacos, all of them are Apache Dubbo modules.
>
> Except that they are not still under Alibaba package and have been updated recently. I would understand if there has been no updates but that doesn't seem to the the case. If they are old artefacts then they shouldn’t be updated, if they are part of an official release they should only be updated when there is an official release, if they are not offical releases they can’t use the Dubbo name. Sorry but something doesn’t seem right here.

First, all the artifacts, except dubbo-registry-nacos, are only
updated when there is an official release. I didn't see any unexpected
behavior there.

For example, http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/alibaba/dubbo-config/,
this artifact has 5 release.

2.6.1: non-ASF release, discussed here[1]
2.6.2-2.6.5: all of them are official releases, see [2]

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6aafe5050e0ed2810c806996ba26ba234d16376f8c836b3c1522afa0@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
[2] https://incubator.apache.org/projects/dubbo.html

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Naming of non-ASF releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 10:44 PM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Where did you get the list?
>
> http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/alibaba/
>
> > Most of them are Apache Dubbo modules.
>
> I assumed some may be left over from the donation / old releases predating apache donation but not 100% sure if that accounts for all of them.

I checked the list, excepted for the dubbo-registry-nacos, all of them
are Apache Dubbo modules.

dubbo-bom/
dubbo-bootstrap/   -> Apache dubbo module, deprecated
dubbo-cluster/
dubbo-common/
dubbo-config/
dubbo-config-api/
dubbo-config-spring/
dubbo-container/
dubbo-container-api/
dubbo-container-log4j/
dubbo-container-logback/
dubbo-container-spring/
dubbo-dependencies-bom/
dubbo-filter/
dubbo-filter-cache/
dubbo-filter-validation/
dubbo-monitor/
dubbo-monitor-api/
dubbo-monitor-default/
dubbo-parent/
dubbo-plugin/
dubbo-qos/
dubbo-registry/
dubbo-registry-api/
dubbo-registry-default/
dubbo-registry-multicast/
dubbo-registry-nacos/  -> external:
https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-registry-nacos
dubbo-registry-redis/
dubbo-registry-zookeeper/
dubbo-remoting/
dubbo-remoting-api/
dubbo-remoting-grizzly/
dubbo-remoting-http/
dubbo-remoting-mina/
dubbo-remoting-netty/
dubbo-remoting-netty4/
dubbo-remoting-p2p/
dubbo-remoting-zookeeper/
dubbo-rpc/
dubbo-rpc-api/
dubbo-rpc-dubbo/
dubbo-rpc-hessian/
dubbo-rpc-http/
dubbo-rpc-injvm/
dubbo-rpc-memcached/
dubbo-rpc-redis/
dubbo-rpc-rest/
dubbo-rpc-rmi/
dubbo-rpc-thrift/
dubbo-rpc-webservice/
dubbo-serialization/
dubbo-serialization-api/
dubbo-serialization-fastjson/
dubbo-serialization-fst/
dubbo-serialization-hessian2/
dubbo-serialization-jdk/
dubbo-serialization-kryo/

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Naming of non-ASF releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi, Justin,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Naming of non-ASF releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
HI,

From Mark:

Re: Dubbo Registry Nacos 0.0.2 available now

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
It would be better to announce a non-ASF release using a non-ASF e-mail
address. It would also be good to make it clear that this is a non-ASF
release.

On a related topic, if this component is remaining outside the ASF it
will need to change its name.

Mark

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

 Is there any plan to tansfer this project to Apache?