Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 19:23:03 UTC

Developing in Intellij IDEA and the idea:idea maven plugin

Hi all,

When I use mvn idea:idea to create all the IDEA project and module files, I
still have one small problem. Because of the way maven is doing the in-build
package refactoring for the shared project, IDEA doesn't know which package
to use and shows some of these imports as errors. This is painful. Does
anyone have a simple work-around for this ?

Grant Smith

Re: Developing in Intellij IDEA and the idea:idea maven plugin

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
That option we didn't follow, cause the user would have classes then
for which he wouldn't find the sources in svn.

If part of the release-build would be that the generated sources are
also stored in both svn and as a jar-file, then the world might look
different.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Developing in Intellij IDEA and the idea:idea maven plugin

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hey.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Martin!
> It would be nice to have a script (be it Ant, be it
> a Maven plugin or whatever) which changes the shared_tomahawk / _impl
> imports back to shared while developing.
Or being able to configure maven in a way that it will NOT refactor the
sources, instead it should simply create a shared and shared-source jar.

something like
mvn -Ddevelopment=true install
and
mvn -Ddevelopment=true idea:idea

Could this be done?

Ciao,
Mario

Re: Developing in Intellij IDEA and the idea:idea maven plugin

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
No, there is none. It would be nice to have a script (be it Ant, be it
a Maven plugin or whatever) which changes the shared_tomahawk / _impl
imports back to shared while developing. Before committing, we'd then
need to run this script again. I'd love that. Anyone care to write
something like this ;) ?

regards,

Martin

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
That patch doesn't help you with the shared-project. It helps with all
other sub-projects, but not with shared.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.