Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Zeuxi Gau <ze...@davidson.fr> on 2007/09/05 19:04:37 UTC

forward the spam to another mailbox

hello,

i would like to get some infos about spamassassin.

problem:
version 3.1.7 SpamAssassin with Fedora Core 2

I got SA to work fine, but i would like the mails detected as spam to
be forwarded to a special email address instead of the current mailbox.

--------------- .procmailrc -------------
:0:
| ( /usr/sbin/sendmail zeuxi.gau@davidson.fr -t -oi )
./Maildir/

Is it possible to do it ?

Thank you for your answers.

Re: forward the spam to another mailbox

Posted by Zeuxi Gau <ze...@davidson.fr>.
mouss <mo...@netoyen.net> a écrit :

> Zeuxi Gau wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> i would like to get some infos about spamassassin.
>>
>> problem:
>> version 3.1.7 SpamAssassin with Fedora Core 2
>>
>> I got SA to work fine, but i would like the mails detected as spam to
>> be forwarded to a special email address instead of the current mailbox.
>>
>> --------------- .procmailrc -------------
>> :0:
>> | ( /usr/sbin/sendmail zeuxi.gau@davidson.fr -t -oi )
>> ./Maildir/
>>
>> Is it possible to do it ?
>
> If you make sure that mail submitted this way will not be filtered
> again, then it should be ok. There are two possibilities:
> - configure your MTA so that mail submitted with sendmail is not
> scanned by SA. This may be good anyway to avoid scanning log reports
> (which may trigger many SA rules).
> - or don't use the same procmail rule for zeux.gau...
>
> if using postfix + amavisd-new, you can do the redirection at MTA level:
> - configure amavisd-new to redirect spam to user+spam@domain.example
> (add +spam extension)
> - configure postfix to route such mail to zeuxi.gau@.... (use
> virtual aliases)

ok i was looking the wrong way. I'm going to configure procmail.
I have some problem with bayes autolearn not working but i'll see that later.

Thanks for your help.

Re: forward the spam to another mailbox

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
That should work if that procmail recipe is run AFTER SpamAssassin.

Might be a good question to post to a group for your MTA if no one
here is able to provide a definite answer, as this really isn't a
SpamAssassin question per se.

Evan

Posted by Skip Brott <sb...@dmp.com>.
While this is a procmail issue, not one for SA - assuming you want to dump
it to a mailbox on the same system here is my basic procmailrc recipe:

:0fwhb
| /usr/bin/spamc -u mail

:0
/dev/null

:0H

------

Basically I am running all mail thru SA, dumping everything with a score
over 8.0 (which you can modify if you aren't comfortable with that number by
adding \* for each additional point - or just delete that rule completely).
All remaining spam goes to whichever account is defined as "spammailbox".

- Skip