Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com> on 2010/09/22 05:52:56 UTC

Site regeneration

I just committed my first change to the site.  Not too bad.  I did notice in
doing an "svn diff" before committing that it changes the atom.xml "updated"
dates on blog posts, etc, with only a change to the time zone.  I think this
could falsely signal to blog readers that the posts were updated, could it
not?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wicket/common/site/trunk/_site/atom.xml?r1=998179&r2=999746&pathrev=999746&sortby=rev&sortdir=down

<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wicket/common/site/trunk/_site/atom.xml?r1=998179&r2=999746&pathrev=999746&sortby=rev&sortdir=down>I'm
not familiar enough with jekyll, etc, to see if there's an easy way to fix
this.  Just thought I'd throw it out there since someone who is may just say
"oh, I can do that", or "here's how you do that".  This is obviously the
line that generates that:    <updated>{{ post.date | date_to_xmlschema
}}</updated>

Thanks!

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Re: Site regeneration

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
My RSS feed doesn't notice any change on the wicket feed, so I don't
think it is a problem.

Martijn

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Jeremy Thomerson
<je...@wickettraining.com> wrote:
> I just committed my first change to the site.  Not too bad.  I did notice in
> doing an "svn diff" before committing that it changes the atom.xml "updated"
> dates on blog posts, etc, with only a change to the time zone.  I think this
> could falsely signal to blog readers that the posts were updated, could it
> not?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wicket/common/site/trunk/_site/atom.xml?r1=998179&r2=999746&pathrev=999746&sortby=rev&sortdir=down
>
> <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wicket/common/site/trunk/_site/atom.xml?r1=998179&r2=999746&pathrev=999746&sortby=rev&sortdir=down>I'm
> not familiar enough with jekyll, etc, to see if there's an easy way to fix
> this.  Just thought I'd throw it out there since someone who is may just say
> "oh, I can do that", or "here's how you do that".  This is obviously the
> line that generates that:    <updated>{{ post.date | date_to_xmlschema
> }}</updated>
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jeremy Thomerson
> http://www.wickettraining.com

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.8