Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com> on 2017/01/26 06:03:37 UTC

Kudu plugin

Any experiences with Kudu storage plugin? I could see that there has been
no activity on kudu storage almost for a year.

Getting an error -" out-of-order key" for a query select v,count(k) from
kudu.test group by v where k is the primary key. This happens only when the
aggregation is done on primary key. Should drill move to the latest kudu
client to investigate this further?

Current drill kudu connector uses org.kududb:kudu-client:0.6.0 from
cloudera repository, where the latest released library
org.apache.kudu:kudu-client:1.1.0 is hosted on maven central. There are a
few breaking changes with the new library:

   1. TIMESTAMP renamed to UNIXTIME_MICROS
   2. In KuduRecordReader#setup -
   KuduScannerBuilder#lowerBoundPartitionKeyRaw renamed to lowerBoundRaw
   andKuduScannerBuilder#exclusiveUpperBoundPartitionKeyRaw renamed
   exclusiveUpperBoundRaw. Both methods are deprecated.
   3. In KuduRecordWriterImpl#updateSchema - client.createTable(name,
   kuduSchema) requires CreateTableOperatios as the third argument

Any thoughts on this upgrade?

Regards,
Rahul

--
**** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the named addressee then you should not

Re: Kudu plugin

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com>.
Can someone point me to a storage plugin design document? I guess Kudu
plugin has no design information attached.

Re: Kudu plugin

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@option3consulting.com>.

Re: Kudu plugin