Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1997/12/08 16:35:49 UTC

crypt() not in usual library on RedHat 5?

Someone's doing a verification install for me on RedHat Linux 5.0.
1.3b3 builds just fine, but the 1.2.4 kit comes up with the
following:

mod_auth.o: In function 'authenticate_basic_user':
mod_auth.o(.text+0x2d0): undefined refrence to 'crypt'
Make:[httpd] Error 1

(transcribed by hand by the installer).  This looks to me as though
crypt() isn't in the libraries chosen by default for RH5.
I'm getting some more information (such as the Configuration
settings and the "cc -o httpd" line from the two makefiles),
but has anyone seen this before?

#ken	P-)}

Re: crypt() not in usual library on RedHat 5?

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Di...@jrc.it>.
Yes, I've seen this before, same for their 1.0.8 kit, was
also 'broken' or 'internationalizes'. I guess that given
all the installations of linux, some slightly more clever
type of test is needed in configure; perhaps a helper/test ?

Dw.

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Someone's doing a verification install for me on RedHat Linux 5.0.
> 1.3b3 builds just fine, but the 1.2.4 kit comes up with the
> following:
>
> mod_auth.o: In function 'authenticate_basic_user':
> mod_auth.o(.text+0x2d0): undefined refrence to 'crypt'
> Make:[httpd] Error 1
>
> (transcribed by hand by the installer).  This looks to me as though
> crypt() isn't in the libraries chosen by default for RH5.
> I'm getting some more information (such as the Configuration
> settings and the "cc -o httpd" line from the two makefiles),
> but has anyone seen this before?
>
> #ken	P-)}

http://cils.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
dirkx@technologist.com                     Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
+39 332 78 0014       +39 332 78 9549       fax +39 332 78 9185
ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy

Re: crypt() not in usual library on RedHat 5?

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Di...@jrc.it>.
Yes, ths works on 1.0.8 as well.

DW.

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.