Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz> on 2005/06/20 08:32:42 UTC

[m2] Maven Model build referring to unresolved artifact

Hi,

I am trying to update my Eclipse workspace and "m2 eclipse:eclipse" is
blowing up while generating eclipse project for "maven-model". Attached
is the output for the execution. I think the artifact:
"http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2//servletapi/servlet/2.4/servlet-2.4.pom"
is incorrect - the artifactId should be 'servletapi'

Unfortunately, the error message is not much help to identify if this is
coming from a dependency resource(I suspect). I tried a search for all
'servletapi' instances in pom.xmls for M2 sources, and they seem ok.

TIA for help.

Cheers,
Rahul

Re: [m2] Maven Model build referring to unresolved artifact

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
It is coming through from the modello plugin. It is a really crappy
situation which we need to sort out before the next modello release as
it has introduced dependencies for some other applications that maven
doesn't need.

You can rollback to alpha-2 of the modello plugin until we get it sorted
out.

- Brett