Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/01/26 05:41:29 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Breaking_changes" by jchrisa

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The "Breaking_changes" page has been changed by jchrisa.
The comment on this change is: Sever side json2.js removes automatic E4X JSON serialization and changes undefined handling.
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Breaking_changes?action=diff&rev1=18&rev2=19

  == Changes Between 0.10.x and 0.11.0 ==

  The `req` argument to show, list, update and validation functions now contains the member `method` with the specified HTTP method of the current request. Previously, this member was called `verb`. `method` is following RFC 2616 (HTTP 1.1) closer.
+
+
+ === Server Side json2.js ===
+
+ We are now using json2.js in our map-reduce query server. This makes us compatible with native JSON on platforms that support it.
+
+ json2.js unbreaks CouchDB's handling of 'undefined' values. In previous versions of CouchDB, encountering an 'undefined' emit value would raise an error and skip the document,including previous emits from that doc. The change to json2.js treats 'undefined' as 'null'. Very few applications should be effected by this.
+
+ Applications emitting raw E4X object in the JSON mix will need to call .toXMLString() on it.

  == Changes Between 0.9.x and 0.10.0 ==