Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by James Bates <ja...@amplexor.com> on 2002/05/03 18:44:56 UTC

XML:DB client that uses XML-RPC

OK, guys. I've now got a working XML:DB client that uses the XML-RPC API
exposed so far in the scratchpad.

The client code is in org.apache.xindice.client.rpc in the scratchpad also.
I used Kurt's trick to start up the XML-RPC server and that worked.

The client currently responds to XML:DB URL's of the form xmldb:xindice-rpc://host:port/path/to/collection so as to not
interfere with the current client.

To test, I used the command-line tools, which I patched (inside scratchpad) to load my XML:DB client alongside the regular client.

The client contains only the base XML:DB API for the moment: reading collections, reading and stopring documents. Next steps will be to implement the Query services and collection management
services.

Also, the client uses the standard complete XML: no compressed DOM's or anything. This will probably need to be introduced once that functionality is also present in the server.

Anyway, please try it out guys, and let me know of any issues so far. I'll be testing it some more myself also.

James