Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/08 18:35:07 UTC

Instances

Hi,

I want to run 2 instances of Ofbiz, 2 separate web apps, one test web app
and one live app.  How do I get this because they would use the same URL
namely http://localhost:8080/webtools/

Thanks

Brendan

Re: Instances

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hook it up with Apache mapping the URLs - or use different domain names.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: Instances

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
there is a difference from a TomCat Web server
and an Embedded tomcat web server.

if you were using tomcat web server you could compare it to IIS

Also you are comparing a Web app like an Ecommerce store to ofbiz.
ofbiz in much more than a ecommerce web app.
you may be farther ahead to use oscommerce for you requirements.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/9/2007 7:04 AM:

Re: Instances

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
You can run multiple instances of Ofbiz on different ports. I would
suggest you to read the Ofbiz Technical production guide available at
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
guide.

You don't need to be familiar with Tomcat. Tomcat is embedded inside the
Ofbiz. Think of ofbiz a ERP server and not just another web application
running inside tomcat or IIS. This will improve your understanding of
Ofbiz. Apart from Tomcat there are container other than Tomcat embedded
in Ofbiz.

Refer the above guide which explain things in better way.

Thanks,

Raj

RE: Instances

Re: Instances