Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/15 01:00:06 UTC

trying to use YourKit with Karaf 3.0.1

Mac OS X Mavericks, Karaf 3.0.1, JDK 7

I'm following the YourKit setup instructions here:

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/developers-guide/debugging.html
<http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/developers-guide/debugging.html>

My coworker got it working quickly on Windows.

I added the following in bin/nextgate file:

setupDefaults() {
    DEFAULT_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms$JAVA_MIN_MEM -Xmx$JAVA_MAX_MEM
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+UnsyncloadClass -agentlib:yjpagent"
}

I also tried creating a JAVA_OPTS in ~/.bash_profile with the above
"-agentlib:yjpagent".

in /etc/config.properties:

org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=org.apache.karaf.jaas.boot,org.apache.karaf.jaas.boot.principal,org.apache.karaf.management.boot,sun.*,com.sun.*,javax.transaction,javax.transaction.*,org.apache.xerces.jaxp.datatype,org.apache.xerces.stax,org.apache.xerces.parsers,org.apache.xerces.jaxp,org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation,org.apache.xerces.dom,com.yourkit.*

I also tried writing a new bootdelegation line at the bottom of the file
rather than appending as above.  No matter what I do, I keep seeing this on
startup:

NextGates-MacBook-Pro:NG_NGS_OSGi_V1.0.0-SNAPSHOT_20140513_rev11914
arbisookazian$ bin/nextgate debug
Could not find agent library yjpagent on the library path, with error:
dlopen(libyjpagent.dylib, 1): image not found

Why and how to fix?  thx.