Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Himanshu Jani <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 17:56:18 UTC

first step with Cassandra

Hello all,

I am here with a very basic question.
I am very new to Cassandra slowly migrating from RDBMS world. Is there any
worked example that I can use it to learn Cassandra? I have lots of
documentation around Cassandra but any simple worked example will be of
great help in understanding Cassandra and working with it, like setting up
Cassandra on single node with creating a simple data store and accessing,
step by step guide and sample code.

Thanks very much and best regards
Himanshu

--
Even IMPOSSIBLE says I M POSSIBLE

Re: first step with Cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Did you see twissandra linked from
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArticlesAndPresentations ?

(Twissandra is targetted at 0.7 now, btw.)

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Himanshu Jani <hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am here with a very basic question.
> I am very new to Cassandra slowly migrating from RDBMS world. Is there any
> worked example that I can use it to learn Cassandra? I have lots of
> documentation around Cassandra but any simple worked example will be of
> great help in understanding Cassandra and working with it, like setting up
> Cassandra on single node with creating a simple data store and accessing,
> step by step guide and sample code.
>
> Thanks very much and best regards
> Himanshu
>
> --
> Even IMPOSSIBLE says I M POSSIBLE

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: first step with Cassandra

Posted by Juho Mäkinen <ju...@gmail.com>.
I posted a real life example how we used cassandra to store data for a
facebook chat like application. Check it out at
http://www.juhonkoti.net/2010/09/25/example-how-to-model-your-data-into-nosql-with-cassandra

 - Juho Mäkinen

Posted by Petr Odut <pe...@gmail.com>.