Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by scottmf <sc...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/29 22:34:33 UTC

how to monitor off heap size used

Hi,
I have a two node cluster with 8GB offheap memory configured on each node.
To monitor my offheap usage I'm checking the
dataregionmetrics.<REGION>.offheapusedsize metric from jmx.  But I'm finding
that this value never shrinks.  I've tried to expand the cluster and expire
the caches and it always stays at the same level.

I assume this is not a bug and is expected behavior, in which case I'm
asking - How can I monitor the true off heap usage of my cluster?

thanks,
Scott

Re: how to monitor off heap size used

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
The off-heap memory is not deallocated - once requested from the OS it will
be used by an Ignite node process. So, you can only see it growing as long
as the node is storing more data.

Check this documentation section for memory tracking hints:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-metrics#section-memory-usage-calculation

Plus, try out console.gridgain.com - it's free.

-
Denis