Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/26 10:57:20 UTC

Block parameter binding problem

Hello,

I have a complex component which renders several Blocks. I can pass parameters to the Block by passing them as informal parameters to the RenderBlock.
My problem is that these parameters are available only at render time but not when a link declared in a Block is triggered (inserter is null in the listener method).

How can I workaround this? How can I make these informal parameters "auto"?

Thanks,
Norbi

RE: Block parameter binding problem

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
I think that StaleLinks should not occur if you use ListEdit and
FormConditional instead of Foreach and Condition, but you know your
application best :)

I guess the alternative is to try to encode what you need in the parameters
of the DirectLink. That way you will not rely on the parameters.

Posted by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
I would disagree with that.

There are a number of cases where ActionLink is helpful and this is probably
the poster example. If your page is build dynamically (say with Blocks) and
you cannot encode what you need in the Direct parameters (or it is not
practical, which is also a typical case), ActionLink is your only refuge.

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,