Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be> on 2017/09/11 23:55:49 UTC

Alerts UI password not working

I'm trying out the Alerts UI and it's not working. It seems the default
admin/password doesn't work.

I've installed the UI via
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-interface/metron-alerts#installing-on-an-existing-cluster
but I also made sure that I changed the hostname in
metron/metron-interface/metron-alerts/proxy.conf.json before building
the package.

I can start the UI, but when I try to log in with the default
credentials I get the error message "Login failed for admin". Any idea
how and where I should add the credentials or how to troubleshoot this?

Re: Alerts UI password not working

Posted by Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be>.
I didn't know it was the same username/password as the management UI.
Thanks!

On 2017-09-11 17:43, Ryan Merriman wrote:

> I just tested those credentials and they work (in full dev).  Can you give us more information about your environment?  Is this full dev?  Did you configure a database for REST?  Can you log into the management UI?  The same authentication mechanism is used here so if you can log into the management UI you should be able to log into the alerts UI.  The alerts UI authenticates against the REST app.  I would also try inspecting the browser javascript console for errors.
>
> Ryan
>
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 6:55 PM, Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying out the Alerts UI and it's not working. It seems the default admin/password doesn't work.
>>
>> I've installed the UI via https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-interface/metron-alerts#installing-on-an-existing-cluster [1] but I also made sure that I changed the hostname in metron/metron-interface/metron-alerts/proxy.conf.json before building the package.
>>
>> I can start the UI, but when I try to log in with the default credentials I get the error message "Login failed for admin". Any idea how and where I should add the credentials or how to troubleshoot this?

Links:
------
[1]

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.