Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Blake Day <bl...@charter.net> on 2002/04/10 09:20:20 UTC

question about DB connection pools

I'm getting an exception "java.sql.SQLException: Connection object is null!"
when trying to use Peers.  I think it's because BasePeer is trying to use
the "catalogdb" pool instead of the "default" connection pool.  How do I get
BasePeer to use the "default" pool instead?

I set the database.logInterval to a non-zero value and I get the following
line in my logfile:
[Tue Apr 09 22:22:59 EDT 2002] -- INFO -- FROM logger:database: catalogdb
(in + out = total): 0 + 0 = 0

When establishing a connection to the database manually (without using a
Peer), I get this line also:
[Tue Apr 09 22:22:59 EDT 2002] -- INFO -- FROM logger:database: default (in
+ out = total): 2 + 0 = 2

Notice the "default" connection pool actually shows connections.  It appears
to work.  I don't understand why the pool that BasePeer is using is being
called something other than "default"?

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Michael Blake Day
Artistry Studios - e-commerce design, implementation and hosting
email: mday@artistrystudios.net

RE: question about DB connection pools

Posted by Blake Day <bl...@charter.net>.
Thanks.  I was actually wondering if that could be it.  I actually changed
my TurbineResources.properties file to reflect the "catalogdb" pool instead
of "default".

Michael Blake Day
Artistry Studios - e-commerce design, implementation and hosting
email: mday@artistrystudios.net <ma...@artistrystudios.net>

In your schema xml have you given a <database name="catalogdb">
attribute?  That will cause the peer to look for a connection to the
catalogdb database.  If you want it to be "default", specify that or do
not specify name attribute.

john mcnally

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.