Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sandro Boehme <sa...@gmx.de> on 2009/02/08 20:42:06 UTC

New Release: JCR Browser Version 0.9.4

Dear Jackrabbit community,

I'm excited to announce the 0.9.4 version of the JCR Browser.
Please see below for the complete release notes.
Any feedback is very welcome (also requests for support and suggestions
for improvements). Please just drop a mail to sandro_boehme at
users.sourceforge.net and CC the mailing list
jcrbrowser-developers@lists.sourceforge.net.

Best regards,

Sandro

--
https://www.xing.com/profile/Sandro_Boehme
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandroboehme

inovex GmbH
Karlsruher Strasse 71
D-75179 Pforzheim
Tel: 07231 31 91-80
Fax: 07231 31 91-91
http://www.inovex.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Pforzheim
AG Mannheim, HRB 502126
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Müller

-- Release Notes -- JCR Browser -- Version 0.9.4 --

++ Introduction ++
This is the 0.9.4 release of the JCR Browser. It is a simple and free
Eclipse based
open source tool and visualizes the content of a JSR 170 compliant Java
Content
Repository. It is stable, maintained and supported since 2006.
You can find out more about it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcrbrowser/.

++ News and Noteworthy ++
The main feature is the new standalone version that has been created by
Ketan Padegaonkar
(http://ketan.padegaonkar.name/). It is a minimum version of Eclipse
that only includes the
Eclipse plugins that are really nessesary for the JCR Browser.
The splash screen has been designed by Rishikesh Parkhe
(http://rishiparkhe.googlepages.com).

The new release also contains:
o An upgrade to Jackrabbit 1.5.2.
o An alignment of the connector naming
o The new remote Jackrabbit HTTP connection.
o A new "Select node by XPath" action. This action
   expands and selects the node that corresponds to
   the XPath
o A new "Select node by UUID" action. This action
   expands and selects the node that has the specified
   UUID.

++ Release Contents ++
o JCR Browser Standard Edition (JCRBrowser_0.9.4_StandardEdition.zip)
   It contains the following connectors:
   - Apache Jackrabbit repository via RMI:
       Connects to a Jackrabbit repository that runs on a server and is
       available via RMI. The classpath of the repository is under your
       control there.
   - Apache Jackrabbit repository via HTTP:
       Connects to a Jackrabbit repository that runs on a server and is
       available via RMI. The classpath of the repository is under your
       control there.
   - Apache Jackrabbit repository bundled with the JCR Browser:
       When using this connector the JCR Browser starts the
       repository within the VM of Eclipse. Thats the reason why you
       have no control over the classpath of the repository in this
       case.
       This is the fastest connector but it also locks the repository.
       This means that you need to close the connection in the JCR Browser
       first, if you want to start the repository within your own
       application.

   For further information e.g. installation information please consult
   the ReadMeFirst.txt file that can be found in the root folder of the
   distribution.

o JCR Browser jLibrary Edition (JCRBrowser_0.9.4_jLibraryEdition.zip)
   Additionally to the standard edition it contains a connector for the
   jLibrary Document Management System (see http://www.jlibrary.org)

++ Known Bugs ++
o At the moment you will not see the list of registered namespaces
   when you connect to the repository via RMI or HTTP. Please monitor
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1959 for possible
   workarounds.

Re: Antw: New Release: JCR Browser Version 0.9.4

Posted by Sandro Boehme <sa...@gmx.de>.
Hello Holger,

sorry, there is no JNDI-connector yet.

Best,

Sandro

Posted by Holger Breuer <Ho...@handelshof.de>.
Thank you Sandro ...

Re: New Release: JCR Browser Version 0.9.4

Posted by Sandro Boehme <sa...@gmx.de>.
Thanks Michael,

you are right. I will keep that in mind the next time.

Best,

Sandro

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Dear Sandro