Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kristian Rink <ri...@pm-planc.de> on 2007/09/06 11:31:57 UTC

dynamically deploy mailets?

Folks;

is there any way how to deploy a mailet package to a running James
instance without having to restart the server? Right now, being into
heavy testing, this would drastically ease things. ;)

Thanks in advance and bye,
Kristian

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH  * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden

Re: dynamically deploy mailets?

Posted by Zsombor <gz...@gmail.com>.
On 9/6/07, Kristian Rink <ri...@pm-planc.de> wrote:

> Am Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:45:38 +0200
> schrieb Zsombor <gz...@gmail.com>:
>
> > However it's a bit different, but honestly, with the new,experimental,
> > spring-container bases James, it's much simpler to work with, so I
> > think it's worth the trouble to set up.
>
> Sounds good, not just because my mailet packages also rely upon Spring.
> Is there a working version of james/spring already?
>
> Cheers & best regards,
> Kristian

It's exists in the subversion repository only, at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/sandbox/spring-integration/
I think the only thing which prevents to use it in a production environment,
is the logging to stdout, and some courage to be the first one :)

BR,
 Zsombor

Re: dynamically deploy mailets?

Posted by Kristian Rink <ri...@pm-planc.de>.
Am Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:14:07 +0200
schrieb Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>:

> The Spring Deployment module is experimental and not released yet.
> For those developers who want to give it a spin, svn-checkout the
> module at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/sandbox/spring-integration
>
> There is a HOWTO which should get you started.
>
> For in-depth discussion about this module, I'd be happy to meet
> everyone interested on the dev-list :-)

Thanks guys; just checked out the code and gonna have a look at it
tomorrow. So far, our James environment is little more than
"experimental" as well, so guess switching away from the "stable" code
won't hurt much right now...

Best regards,
Kristian

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On 9/7/07, Kristian Rink <ri...@pm-planc.de> wrote:
> Am Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:14:07 +0200
> schrieb Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>:
>
> > The Spring Deployment module is experimental and not released yet.
> > For those developers who want to give it a spin, svn-checkout the
> > module at
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/sandbox/spring-integration
> >
> > There is a HOWTO which should get you started.
>
> Well, after all, I built it, and it starts up. Fine. Guess this is
> where the real work is just about to start, isn't it? :)

Have fun! :-)

  Bernd

Re: dynamically deploy mailets?

Posted by Kristian Rink <ri...@pm-planc.de>.
Am Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:14:07 +0200
schrieb Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>:

> The Spring Deployment module is experimental and not released yet.
> For those developers who want to give it a spin, svn-checkout the
> module at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/sandbox/spring-integration
>
> There is a HOWTO which should get you started.

Well, after all, I built it, and it starts up. Fine. Guess this is
where the real work is just about to start, isn't it? :)

Cheers,
Kristian

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.

Posted by Kristian Rink <ri...@pm-planc.de>.
Am Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:45:38 +0200

Posted by Zsombor <gz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rink <ri...@pm-planc.de>.
Bernd;

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Hi Kristian,

Kristian Rink wrote:
> Folks;
>
> is there any way how to deploy a mailet package to a running James
> instance without having to restart the server? Right now, being into
> heavy testing, this would drastically ease things. ;)

Not that I know of.