Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by albert <ag...@myway.com> on 2003/02/07 11:28:10 UTC

problem SMTPAppender with MDC ?

Hi all,

We are using the MDC (mapped diagnostic contexts) to log certain
context information from a server in a multiple client environment

Additionally, serious error events are mailed using the SMTP
appender.
We notice that in the generated mails, often the logged events
from the MDC are not correct, they contain log info from different
client sessions.

Looking at the SMTPAppender source, it appears to us that
the appender is not using the MDC at all, but only the NDC.

Before I submit this as a bug, I would like to know if anyone
knows this problem already or disagrees.
(I will submit the bug report within the next 3 days)

The problem appears in the following environment:
log4J version 1.2.6 (but also tried 1.2.7)
with Weblogic6.1 SP4 on Unix(HP) and WinNT,
consequently we use the weblogic JVM (corresponding with JDK1.3)

Thanks
Albert