Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2016/10/03 10:57:50 UTC

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Am 09/25/2016 08:33 PM, schrieb Marcus:
> Am 09/25/2016 04:33 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
>> there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
>> until we have a complete release candidate.
>
> thanks for the pointer, I'll wait for the Linux 64-bit and Windows builds.

I've done the following for testing:

Installation
============

Windows 10
----------
Windows de							OK
Windows de langpack						OK
Windows en-US							OK
Windows en-US langpack						OK

Fedora 21 64-bit
----------------
Linux x86-64 rpm de						OK
Linux x86-64 rpm de langpack					OK
Linux x86-64 rpm en-US						OK
Linux x86-64 rpm en-US langpack					OK

Quick test
==========
Starting, creating files, saving, copy & pasting and quitting	OK

Release data
============
Version number, "About" dialog					OK

Of course not a full QA test round. However, as the fixes are small,
this quick test should be good enough.

Marcus

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
Out of an irresistible curiosity I built my own ApacheOO in Debian
Unstable (Sid). It took me several build iterations, starting out with
trunk and proceeding to:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO413

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 4:50 AM, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:29:26 +0200
> Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I did the same tests for Linux x86-64 deb de.
>>
>> I did also some work with it without problems
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde
>

> I installed the Linux x86-64 DEB en-GB and am using it for routine text editing on reasonable sized files (70-300K words) and a little spreadsheet work.  Running on Xubuntu 16.04.
> Working correctly.
>
> Rory

>> > I've done the following for testing:
>> >
>> > Installation
>> > ============
>> >
>> > Windows 10
>> > ----------
>> > Windows de                            OK
>> > Windows de langpack                        OK
>> > Windows en-US                            OK
>> > Windows en-US langpack                        OK
>> >
>> > Fedora 21 64-bit
>> > ----------------
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm de                        OK
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm de langpack                    OK
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm en-US                        OK
>> > Linux x86-64 rpm en-US langpack                    OK
>> >
>> > Quick test
>> > ==========
>> > Starting, creating files, saving, copy & pasting and quitting    OK
>> >
>> > Release data
>> > ============
>> > Version number, "About" dialog                    OK
>> >
>> > Of course not a full QA test round. However, as the fixes are small,
>> > this quick test should be good enough.
>> >
>> > Marcus

patched epm-3.7 (otherwise, produces 'intel' instead of 'amd64' and
won't install in Debian AMD64)

autoconf

 ./configure --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") `uname
-nsm`" --with-dmake-path=/usr/local/bin/dmake --with-epm=/usr/bin/epm
--disable-odk --enable-graphite --enable-category-b
--enable-bundled-dictionaries --enable-pdfimport
--enable-wiki-publisher --with-package-format="rpm deb"
--with-lang="en-US ru de"

./bootstrap

sudo su (as this did not work: fakeroot /usr/bin/ksh )

source ./LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh

cd instsetoo_native/

build --all -P8 -- -P8

Love the generated OO in Debian ;-)  using with approximately 70 k
word document and it's cool.

< https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtxF6h8VUAEdnhx.png:large >

Thank you for wonderful software release.

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:29:26 +0200

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/03/2016 09:19 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:

> I installed and tested the german version (de) on:
>
>   - Ubuntu 16.04.1 (64bit)
>   - Xubuntu 16.04.1 (32bit)
>
> Everything is working as expected.

I got a mail from Jan that his tests on Win 7 were successful, too. I
hope he can post this also on his own here.

Marcus

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Do you know which particular changes I should look for?

The dictionaries are from december 2015, so I had them already in use in
4.1.2.

But I can confirm that the difference between "schließen" (de/de-AT) and
"schliessen" (de-CH) is recognised.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by "Dr. Michael Stehmann" <an...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>.
Am 03.10.2016 um 21:52 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> There were German dictionary changes. Can you tell the difference
> between de, de_AT, and de_CH? If so, could you perhaps do a test in each
> of the other dialects?

There are differences between the german languages spoken and written
(officially) in Switzerland, Austria and Germany.

For an example de_CH do not know a "ß", they write "ss" alltimes. There
are also distinctions in vocabulary.

You can find more information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_German

Kind regards
Michael

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 12:52:50PM -0700, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> There were German dictionary changes.

In this case, we only update the dictionaries to the latest version
available at the time, but there is nothing else to check here, the
dictionaries do not belong to the AOO source nor this project; if they
have issues, they should be reported to their respective maintainers.

> Can you tell the difference between
> de, de_AT, and de_CH? If so, could you perhaps do a test in each of the
> other dialects?

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hello,

Re: Testing 4.1.3

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

I did the same tests for Linux x86-64 deb de.

I did also some work with it without problems

Regards

Mechtilde

Am 03.10.2016 um 12:57 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 09/25/2016 08:33 PM, schrieb Marcus:
>> Am 09/25/2016 04:33 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
>>> I suggest that people start downloading and testing 4.1.3 as soon as
>>> there are binaries they can run. I can't start the formal vote period
>>> until we have a complete release candidate.
>>
>> thanks for the pointer, I'll wait for the Linux 64-bit and Windows
>> builds.
>
> I've done the following for testing:
>
> Installation
> ============
>
> Windows 10
> ----------
> Windows de                            OK
> Windows de langpack                        OK
> Windows en-US                            OK
> Windows en-US langpack                        OK
>
> Fedora 21 64-bit
> ----------------
> Linux x86-64 rpm de                        OK
> Linux x86-64 rpm de langpack                    OK
> Linux x86-64 rpm en-US                        OK
> Linux x86-64 rpm en-US langpack                    OK
>
> Quick test
> ==========
> Starting, creating files, saving, copy & pasting and quitting    OK
>
> Release data
> Version number, "About" dialog                    OK
>
> Of course not a full QA test round. However, as the fixes are small,
> this quick test should be good enough.
>
> Marcus

Mechtilde Stehmann
--