Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt <mh...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/27 14:38:44 UTC

Blocking all inline GIF or JPG Images

Hi,
What would I need to do to just outright block all e-mail that has an
inline gif or jpg (or multiple ones)?

Re: Blocking all inline GIF or JPG Images

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Matt" <mh...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> What would I need to do to just outright block all e-mail that has an
> inline gif or jpg (or multiple ones)?

1) Be willing to accept a large number of lost legitimate emails.
2) If you use procmail it's quite easy to look for files with a large
   number of different suffixes and do what you want with them.
3) Don't ask SpamAssassin to do anything with them other than install
   a large spam score on them.

{^_^}

Re: Blocking all inline GIF or JPG Images

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Matt wrote:
> Hi,
> What would I need to do to just outright block all e-mail that has an
> inline gif or jpg (or multiple ones)?

You should do this in whatever program you have calling SA/AV/etc..  SA
itself doesn't "block" anything.

-Jim