Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by dg...@attbi.com on 2002/07/27 21:03:01 UTC

Log4j with JBoss + Ears

Hi -

I have been struggling for quite a while.  I would like
to configure each ear within JBoss 3.0.0 with a
different log4j configuration.

I have tried the servlet initializer but my servlet
does not seem to execute.

I have tried the approach of having a repository
selector as described by
http://qos.ch/containers/sc.html.  This approach may
have promise but my initialization class is finding the
log4j configuration from another ear!

I believe that part of my difficulty is not setting my
manifest class-path correctly etc.  I have been trying
to brute force all the configurations which has not
worked.

Anyone who has successfully configured JBoss 3.0.0 with
different log4j configurations for their ears.  PLEASE
give me a clue.

Thanks!!!
Dorothy