Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org> on 2018/11/28 19:05:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.2.0 RC 2

Release candidate #2 for the Apache Knox 1.2.0 release is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/knox/knox-1.2.0/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/knox.git
Branch v1.2.0 (git checkout -b v1.2.0)
Tag is v1.2.0-rc2 (git checkout -b v1.2.0-rc2)

The KEYS file for signature validation is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/knox/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Knox 1.2.0.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Apache Knox PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Knox 1.2.0

Kevin Risden

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.2.0 RC 2

Posted by David Villarreal <dv...@hortonworks.com>.
Outstanding.  Keep up the great work!

From: larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>
Date: Friday, November 30, 2018 at 7:35 AM
To: "user@knox.apache.org" <us...@knox.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.2.0 RC 2

Good find, Kevin!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 10:13 AM Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>> wrote:
-1 found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-1645

All other testing went well minus Zeppelin UI due to KNOX-1645. I'll respin a new rc later today.

Tested the following:

  *   src zip - mvn verify -Ppackage,release
  *   knoxshell - able to connect to Knox and execute a few examples
  *   Ran rc2 against https://github.com/risdenk/knox-performance-tests to test unsecure webhdfs, hbase, hive
  *   Manual testing of UIs with Kerberos
  *   Zeppelin UI with websocket enabled
  *   Manual testing of Knox against Kerberized cluster
  *   knoxsso Pac4j backed by Okta
  *   hadoopauth provider
  *   token service and Bearer tokens
  *   default topology url
  *   topology port mapping
  *   ambari discovery
  *   hadoop group provider
Kevin Risden

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 2:41 PM larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>> wrote:
All -

Thanks to Kevin for so much work in cleaning up the backlog and taking on
release manager work for 1.2.0!

The 1.2.0 release happens to contain many dependency upgrades.
Not the least of which is Jetty itself from 9.2.x to 9.4.x.

We need to put some key areas through their paces pretty rigorously in
order to tease out any corner case regressions.

For instance, any Jetty specific features - such as:
* Websocket support
* SSL configuration params
* buffer size tweaks
* comb the gateway config and see which things are configuring aspects of
Jetty where units of measure defaults may change, etc

* Pac4J was upgraded - we will need KnoxSSO testing of SAML via Okta,
Google Authenticator, etc.

* Classloading is already known to have changed and has caused some issues
that have already been found.
Give some thought into possible classloading issues: singletons, custom
providers added to the ext directory, etc.

If anyone can think of other corner cases that may not be immediately
covered by default and common configurations please call them out and/or
list what you have tested for them.

thanks!

--larry

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 2:16 PM Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> +1 , based on my review and testing.
>
> Thanks,
>             Jeffrey E Rodriguez
>
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:05 AM
Kevin Risden

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Good find, Kevin!

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.2.0 RC 2

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
All -

Posted by Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@gmail.com>.