Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Busby <bu...@pnts.com> on 2002/09/27 19:12:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Proplems with SSL in 2.0.42

List,
	I just downloaded and installed 2.0.42, I also enabled SSL, then I
re-complied my PHP 4.2.3 to work with it, now I'm still getting a
mod_ssl error, can someone please help?

What I used to configure Apache
./configure \
   --prefix=/opt/httpd \
   --infodir=/usr/share/info \
   --mandir=/usr/share/man \
   --enable-so \
   --enable-ssl=shared \
   --enable-vhost-alias \
   --enable-info \
   --enable-headers \
   --enable-expires;

Error when I start apache:
% /etc/init.d/httpd start
Syntax error on line 223 of /opt/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `mod_ssl' in file
/opt/httpd/modules/mod_ssl.so: /opt/httpd/lib/libapr-0.so.0: undefined
symbol: mod_ssl
%

Lines 221-224 of httpd.conf
#
LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
LoadModule mod_ssl            modules/mod_ssl.so
#

I can see both modules in my modules directory, if I take out mod_ssl it
starts fine.  So what did I build or configure wrong?

/B